I just bought my tickets today to NYC and I am glady to say that I am going to Debconf 10.
The tickets have this information:
- GRU->JFK: Departure: 2010-07-30, 21:25; Arrival: 2010-07-31, 6:10, Flight AA950
- JFK->GRU: Departure: 2010-08-09, 21:40; Arrival: 2010-08-10, 8:35, Flight AA951
This represents a personal milestone for me, as I have many plans for the conference. In fact, this will be a trip of many "firsts" for me:
- this will be my first international trip by airplaine.
- this will be my first DebConf ever (despite the fact that I could not apply for the DebConf Newbies initiative, due to my visa interview being delayed until the 7th of this month).
- this will be the first time to see many people with whom I work together for some years now, but have not yet had the opportunity to meet in person.
- this will be a nice opportunity to work hard on some issues that threaten the PowerPC port of Debian.
- this will be a nice opportunity to do some QA work with some packages that I would like to have sponsored; also to upload some of the fonts that I already packaged (or intend to take care) and that will be maintained under the Debian Fonts Task Force umbrella.
- this will be a very nice opportunity to get myself in a "big" strongly connected component of the Web-of-Trust with as many arcs as feasible, by means of the key signing party.
- and many, many other things that I would like to do for the project.
I am thankful for the DebConf team sponsoring both accomodation and food. It is highly appreciated.
See you in NYC! Any hints that you may happen to have are warmly welcome.