Well, that was a short-lived experience. On the 5th of September, I received the following e-mail, which, sincerely, is as uninformative as it could get:
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 16:52:22 -0000 From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com Subject: Google AdSense Support Hello, As mentioned in our welcome email, we conduct a second review of your AdSense application once AdSense code is placed on your site(s). As a result of this review, we have disapproved your account for the following violation(s): Issues: - Site does not comply with Google policies --------------------- Further detail: Site does not comply with Google policies: We're unable to approve your AdSense application at this time because we feel that your site does not comply with Google AdSense policies or webmaster quality guidelines. It's our goal to provide our advertisers sites that offer rich and meaningful content, receive organic traffic, and allow us to serve well-targeted ads to users. We believe that currently your site does not fulfill this criteria. For more details, please read the webmaster quality guidelines at http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769 and the AdSense program policies at http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?answer=48182, https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/topic.py?topic=1271507 (...)
OK, I went on and read all the documentation on program policies etc. I investigate each point here:
- Invalid clicks and impressions: No violation here.
- Encouraging clicks: No violation here.
- Content guidelines: No violation here.
- Copyrighted material: No violation here.
- Webmaster guidelines: No violation here.
- Traffic sources: No violation here.
- Ad behavior: No violation here.
- Ad placement: No violation here.
- Site behavior: No violation here.
- Competitive ads and services: No violation here.
- Google advertising cookies: No violation here.
To cut a long story short, I RTFM and did everything correctly. So, dear lazyweb, what would my options be to fund a tiny bit of my software contributions?